Monday, July 23, 2012

" Untying the Judging Knot " ~ ( Part III )


Untying the Judging Knot
解開評審結
Luke 6:36-38  
Copyright © 2004 Jeremy Myers


"Judge not lest you be judged不論斷人,免得你們被論斷。" ~ Part III
                        


1. Be Merciful ~ Luke 6:36 仁慈的〜路加福音6:36
" Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful."

“所以你們要慈悲,像你們的天父仁慈。”

            Since verse 36 is actually the concluding statement of the divine standard, it explains how God judges. We read that since He is merciful, we should be merciful as well. This is the first principle of judging others. Be merciful. Show mercy. What is mercy? Mercy is not giving to others the punishment they deserve. When someone sins, mercy does not punish them. 
           由於36節實際上是神聖的標準的總結發言,介紹了如何上帝審判。我們讀,因為他是仁慈的,我們應該是仁慈的。這是第一個判斷他人的原則。要仁慈。顯示憐憫。慈悲是什麼?慈悲不是給別人他們應得的懲罰。當某人犯了罪,憐憫,不懲罰他們。


           A while back, I rented a movie from the video store. It was a three day rental, meaning I could have it for three days. In my mind, I thought that a three day rental also means three nights. I rented it on a Friday night and watched it. Then I kept it for Saturday night and Sunday night and returned it Monday morning. I found out though that a three day rental is actually only two nights. It's three days and two nights. So on Monday, when I returned it, I had a late charge. When I got out my wallet to pay the charge, the lady said, "Don't worry about it. Everybody deserves some mercy sometimes." That's what mercy is. I had returned the movie late, and so I owed a fine. But she did not make me pay the fine. She showed mercy. She did not give me the punishment I deserved. 
             前陣子,我從錄像店租了部電影。這是一個3天的租金,這意味著我可以有三天。在我的腦海裡,我想,為期三天的租金也意味著三夜。我租了一個星期五的晚上,看著它。然後,我一直是在週六晚上和週日晚上和星期一早上返回。我發現,雖然這三天的租金其實只有兩個晚上。這是三天兩晚。因此,上週一,當我回來的時候,我有逾期費用。當我走出我的錢包支付費用,這位女士說,“不要擔心,每個人都值得有時手下留情。”這是憐憫。我回到電影後期,所以我欠罰款。但她沒有讓我交罰款。她憐憫。她沒有給我應有的懲罰我。
          Notice what else she did, though. She judged me. She judged that my movie was late. There was a standard of three days and two nights. It was clearly posted on the counter that a three day rental is only two nights. On the movie check out form which I signed, it clearly showed which day the movie was due back. I had ignored all of these instructions and had broken the three day, two night limit. Yet imagine if I had taken the movie in on Monday morning, and she had said, "You returned this movie late," and I responded by saying, "Judge not lest you be judged." 
           注意她做什麼,雖然。她判斷我。她的判斷是我的電影遲到了。三天兩晚有一個標準。它清楚地貼在櫃檯上,三天的租金只有兩晚。在電影檢查了我簽的形式,它清楚地表明,這一天電影是由於背部。我忽略了所有這些說明,並打破了為期三天兩晚的限制。然而,試想一下,如果我把我的電影在星期一早上,她曾表示,“這部電影晚你回來,”我回答說,“不要論斷人,免得你被判斷。”


           She would think I was crazy! There was a due date which I had clearly broken. Yes, I broke it out of ignorance, but that does not get me off the hook. I was guilty. And she made a correct judgment according to the standard that I was guilty. And I, once I rightly understood the standard, admitted that she had judged correctly, and I was guilty. That is why I pulled out my wallet to pay the fine. And that is when she showed mercy and did not make me pay the fine that I should have. 

            她會認為我瘋了!有一個截止日期,我已經清楚地打破。是的,我把它弄壞了出於無知,但是,這並不讓我擺脫困境。我是有罪的。她做了一個正確的判斷根據,我是有罪的標準。而我,有一次我正確地理解標準,承認她正確的判斷,我是有罪的。這就是為什麼我掏出我的錢包支付罰款。就是在這個時候,她表現出的憐憫,並沒有讓我繳納罰款的,我應該有。

To be cont'd in Part IV.
至續在第部分。



No comments:

Post a Comment